View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
aliciagr

Feeling sad, scared of whats next

As I posted before have been waiting to hear if husband is approved to switch to a different rehab per his court deal. Guess the judge isnt handling it but he has been assigned a case worker or probation officer.

He called me at home. Said the request was approved but then went on a doom and gloom speech, and elaborated on how husbands actions have taken away part of his free will and he is going to ride him hard to meet each part of his arrangement meaning 6 months of guided treatment and the rest of the year on probation with drug test weekly. He said the dire tor of the rehab says to summarize - not making an effort with the program. And the case worker said he can go away to a different rehab but he is expecting him to spend the mandated treatment time working his butt off and he will be doing meetings, have a sponsor, and he can't force sober living but says report shows he was at his parents because there had been domestic violence (unreported by me but handled by his family) and he gave me a number to someone in the domestic violence unit and suggested I call, and also said I look into Alanon so I learn to stop protecting him. He said again, one mistake and he will break his deal and he is lucky basically not to be in jail and multiple charges of possession controlled substances, fraud, domestic violence. You get the idea. He was sincere but scared me to death. How will he manage all this? How will we ever survive these next 11 months? This is all going to suck.