Thread: Big 6-0
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Big 6-0

Is today.

I'm not doing anything special to celebrate TODAY, but I have my little "Year of Lexie" events scattered throughout the year.

I have a lot to be grateful for right now. As of today, I've lost 25 pounds this year. I've got about another 10 or so to get to my size 8 goal.

My followup CT scan for my lung cancer screening (if you recall, there was a small nodule they wanted to follow up on) showed no change, so I don't have to have another for a year, and most likely it's nothing to be concerned about.

My lawsuit over my house's foundation is OVER. We settled it yesterday. I got a pittance, but at least I'm done paying for lawyers and engineers in connection with that whole mess. I'm still convinced that the defendants were at fault but it was very difficult to prove causation, so this was my best opportunity to cut my losses. I now can start saving up to do the fix.

I went out this past weekend to see Joan Jett, Heart, and Cheap Trick. Great show, but the time was wrong on my ticket and I missed most of Cheap Trick.

Next week, a couple of work friends (one from DC and one from Minnesota) are coming here to see Seinfeld with me in Atlantic City. These are my "concert buddies" I go to shows with all over the country.

The following week, my older son and his g/f are coming to visit for several days. She's never been to the East Coast, so they will run around and do fun stuff while I'm at work.

In preparation for company, I bought some new furniture and am having my house professionally cleaned--something I plan to keep up, since I really HATE stuff like dusting but am sick of living with crud.

Oh, and I got into a car accident a little over a week ago when some elderly man ran a stop sign in a parking lot. My car is in the body shop, and I'm hoping to have it back before my company gets here (though I do have a rental in the meantime). Fortunately, the other driver immediately admitted fault, so I don't even have to pay the deductible. Still, sad for my nice (relatively) new car, that I have so lovingly cared for.

So. I feel pretty well geared up for the next few decades, lol.