Thread: Why???!!!?!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
jk...

I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting. Welcome to the Board. I'm sorry for what has brought you here, but I'm thankful that you took that all important step to post.

It's very important that you understand that someone in active addiction is experiencing a chemically induced form of narcissism. When someone is in that kind of state, spouses and children don't matter. Nothing matters, except scoring the next fix and experiencing the next high. That, in a nutshell, is why your AH hasn't come home. His priority is not you, nor your daughter.

The hardest thing you'll have to accept is this situation is unfixable. There is literally nothing you can do to turn this around. And while I understand that you want to somehow, through the grace of God, save the marriage, you have to begin the process of accepting that may not be possible.

I will leave you with this, though. You do not need permission to do what is best for you or your daughter. What's best for you may not necessarily be what you want, but that should not preclude you from doing what you have to do.

Keep us posted, be safe, take care of your daughter, and again, Welcome to the Board.