View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Okay. Breathe. You're really getting in a state with these resentments. Where are yiu with yiur AA work? Ie do you have a sponsor to call? Can you do an inventory on this stuff? Sorry - I really don't want to sound patronising asking this stuff, it's just there are tools you can draw upon if you want to feel better (and that in itself is a big IF - once I get angry, to be perfectly honest, I don't always WANT to feel better once I'm in the thick of it. I just want to wrap myself in my armour if anger.) Thing is, being angry and resentful is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. You're poisoning your own day here.

You know what. If you don't want the bike that needs mending, than don't accept it.

Also, why SHOULD THEY know better? Sometimes our unrealistic expectations of others leads us to disappointment. Over and over again. Yet we still expect other people to be a certain way and are peeved when they let us down.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change (other people)
Change the things I can (my own expectations )
And the wisdom to know the difference. (I struggle with that bit when I'm angry, which is when being in the fellowship of AA is a blessing, because if there's no inner wisdom for me to draw on, then I can check out the literature or chat to another person who's in a good place in their recovery, and draw on THEIR wisdom.)

It's when we work the program in all our affairs that the promises materialise for us.