View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Delfin

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
Sleeps, I'll tell you what I tell my boss when he tries to get me to do the impossible: "don't expect anything and you can't be disappointed." I think you are expecting too much too soon.

I fear you are treating this like some kind of punishment or just another part of life that Sleepie got screwed over in. Other people getting to enjoy alcohol has nothing to do with us. At 7 months the worst was over but I still had a long way to go. I had what I call the brain spins when my mind would just not shut up. That went on until almost the end of the second year. It had a purpose though because I had a lot of ground to cover being mentally out for almost a decade. It wasn't until month 9 that I got back whatever was taken from me by the alcohol and I could just enjoy being again and not having to have a drink in my hand. That was just recovering from booze too.

You haven't been cheated at all. You are escaping a really destructive cycle that some people never get free of...no cheated.
^^This!!^^ Love everything Silentrun said!

The sleeping part is rough. Lack of sleep makes us more anxious and lowers our energy so it is really important to get that problem worked out.

D.