Thread: I need help
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AdelineRose

Firstly, I think it might be smart to reflect on what went wrong the last time in your recovery. It might be better this time to avoid places where drinking is involved, especially where excessive drinking is involved such as a bachelor party. I am not saying this to chastise you, I am saying this because I know that once we all get some sober time we start to think we are invincible and that we have the strength to go anywhere without being tempted.

If you don't plan on working the steps there are other recovery programs that can be followed that don't involve centering around God if you have problems with that. It might help to review them and see if one or a couple of them fit your needs. You can always take a little bit from all the recovery programs and take what you need and leave the rest alone.

You can do this, most of us have had slip ups and have to start over again. Have you considered substance abuse counseling to help in early recovery? I have found counseling to be a great resource of information and getting a way of getting tools to overcome temptation by giving us the skills that as we work on our recovery we can lean on.