View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
markinny

finally joined something

after spending the last yr. visiting many sites and probably spending hundreds of hours reading other peoples posts I thought it is maybe time to get involved personally.

sorry for the sloppy (lazy) format to my post as I am really not an internet/computer person.takes me forever to type.

obviously I am here because I have a bad drinking problem and have since before I was even legally old enough to drink which was 18 at the time in N.Y. I am now 58. I have drank long and hard and as you all know quitting isn't easy. I recently found the pattern to be I can go 2 days and back at it I go. just like most it's the withdrawals that get me. not so much physical as mental. anxiety/depression/insomnia. people say it gets better over time. I hope so. just have to get the time in. not easy. everyone I know and everything I do involves drinking. and I really have no support. kind of a go it alone thing. maybe I will try to get up the courage and take the big plunge and attend an AA meeting. I just read on here that another member had a positive experience with it.

anyhow I just got to kill an hour not drinking..lol.. and thanks for listening. good luck to all.