Thread: Not Getting AA
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by couchloc View Post
Members of AA are speaking generally to the really hardcore drinkers and that is really good. For some like myself the message can be a little hard to comprehend because my bottom was a little higher, but I don't want to drink and drinking is and has been a problem in my life. AA has been a great source of info and helped me a lot. I wish there were more high bottomers in it to even out the crazy.
not sure what its like where youre at, but that's not the case ive seen in the many meetings ive attended all over Michigan. I have seen alcoholics wanting to help alcoholics get sober no matter how far down the scale they've gone.

theres also a crapton of high bottom drinkers here,too.

have you read the intro to the section of stories titled,"they stopped in time?"

idk, saying its hard to comprehend the message of what the big book says because your a high bottom drunk seems rather a terminal uniqueness thing.

and from what I read here, theres high bottom drunks in AA all over the world.

best speaker I ever heard was a woman 42 years old who had just celebrated 28 years of sobriety.

alcohol is only a symptom of much deeper problems- the same problems I have as the high priced attorney who didn't lose a thing, the skidrow drink, man who had 6 blackouts in hios entire drinking career, closet wine drinker.... it goes on.

all I had to do was take the cotton out of my ears and listen.