View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Irnldy001

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
Thanks Irnldy001. Yes I have many issues, I am awaiting analytic cbt but I can only have it if I am sober...!
Drinking makes each day manageable as much as unmanageable..

Well, if ever there was a 'goal' I could put out there, it usually worked. you need to go into a clinic sober. Ok, I get that. Make the apt, and stay sober before it. That's all. If you are sick of this, and if you really want it, you know what you have to do. You are talking to a group of people who've already made every excuse in the book, lied to others and ourselves. We know. If you are still reasoning with yourself, still finding the way to the drink each day, then perhaps you haven't reached that crucial point - which for me was it's just too painful to continue drinking. I want sobriety more than I want to be drunk. Now I want to be healthy more than anything, and I am working and slogging down that path. If stopping were easy there would be no counsellors, no inpatient, no AA, no thousands of books, nothing. People would just stop. You're addicted, you can't stop. you need help. When you are ready, help of many colours is out there for anyone who wants it. But the onus is always on the addict - do you want it?