View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
Thanks. I live alone and can't leave my house or dogs for months whilst in rehab, wish I could.
Believe it or not, you can. I didn't think I could either. I really didn't. I have two kids, I have a lot of random jobs that I didn't know how to take care of while away, I have a house where I am the only adult. My garden, who would cut the grass? What if there was a break-in? Why do I tell my clients? Who will pick up the kids from school? Wont they suffer with me away? Just a million things running through my head and a million reasons why I couldn't. But I could. I just started putting it together.

You have mentioned before that you are really and truly alone- you have no family, no friends, no one you can count on. I don't doubt you. It happens. But you can kennel your dog. You can also hire someone to come check on your house. Or there is a great site, I'll look it up for you but it'll take me a bit of research because I saw it on an expat site I'm part of, about housesitting. In the group I am a part of a number of people have used it and have been very pleased. Apparently there is a strict line of checks on anyone signing up so it is not just some random crazy coming into your house. The people who have used it have done so because they have animals they don't want to kennel and also don't want to leave their house unattended for an extended period of time.
I want to reach out and give you a hug so bad. I want you to know how entirely possible it is to go get help. Believe me, from the bottom of my heart I understand you. I didn't think it was possible either, but then.... it actually was and is the best thing I have ever done.

Here you go, I found it easily. This site comes highly recommended by a number of people I "know" through this expat group https://www.trustedhousesitters.com/gb/