View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Michelle644

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I had several of those as well ( high BP, high cholesterol, eleveated enzymes ). It's very, very common actually. And it does sound crazy - why would one willingly and knowingly poison themselves?

The answer is that it's addiction. And it simply doesn't make sense. That's why the only way out is to simply accept that it IS and that the only solution is to simply stop drinking. Have you attempted to quit before?
Thanks glad to hear this is common and hopefully with time will get back to somewhat normal. I would like to give addiction a kick in the pants.

Yes, I have attempted to quit within the last 5 years a bunch of times. I used to be a Cocaine addict didn't really drink much then this is 20+ years ago I kicked it when I was young. Then, cigarette's became my addiction. 5 1/2 years ago I quit smoking and you guessed it...I started drinking one addiction leads to another. At first it was just two glasses of wine on the weekends and slowly it became more and more. Since last April I've drank every night.