Old 07-22-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AdelineRose

Withdrawal has to start sometime if we continue to drink or use drugs. I used to try to think back and pin point when withdrawal started but really all I can think of is I used to not have withdrawals and then boom there they were.

When I was newly sober there would be certain times in the day when everything would intensify because I had a very set schedule when I would use. The longer you stay sober, the more those certain times will not be part of your routine and it will stop. You need to break the cycle/routine. Once you days consistently don't involve drinking or using then your body won't automatically try to signal to you that it is time to drink/use. The best thing you can do in my opinion is keep yourself busy. Clean, exercise, find new hobbies, cook, create a sober support system of people you can call or plan sober activities with, coloring helped me get out of my head, journaling so you can read back to how hard it was and how bad it got when you are having a weak moment, counseling is always a huge tool, and finding a doctor that specializes in addiction can be a huge tool since they can give you medicine where needed to help with certain feelings, side affects, or thoughts.

Keep your chin up, you can do this! I promise it does get easier, you just need to continue to move forward, make healthy decisions, and put the work into your recovery.