Thread: 6 months sober
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Loekken

Originally Posted by JeffreyAK View Post
What happens when you "play the tape through"? Will alcohol help any of the problems you are facing, life problems that we all have to face at some point? Or will it just be a temporary escape, with a huge cost that will make your problems worse, not better? You say you had a big drinking problem have all the usual alcoholic stories - but will all that come right back? Will you really be the first person in recorded human history who can come back to occasional drinking after being an addict, or is that just a lie your addict voice is telling you? Sometimes when we think through what happens next, and after that, we can see that that first little step, taking a drink, doesn't sound like a good idea after all.
No, drinking doesn't solve anything I'm painfully aware - it is an escape I'm looking for. Not sure if I touched upon it in previous posts, but at times I find myself telling myself, 'you don't enjoy sober life too much anyway, why not pick up a drink and see what happens?' .. well, last time, everything went to ****... so I know it... yet still crave it. You hear of alcoholics who were sober for 20 years and then relapse, right? Was it Robin Williams? So, nobody's safe it seems.