Old 07-21-2016, 09:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FLA

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
In my early sobriety, my anxiety peaked every night at 11:30pm on the dot. It was eerie. But after I realized that it started to calm down because I'd get super anxious and just say, "Oh, must be 11:30," look at the clock and see that it was, and start putting myself to bed with a book and talking myself through it. Once the pattern was obvious it made it less powerful. I hope the same starts to happen for you.
I just feel like this withdrawal stuff kind of came out of no where, is that also possible? My drinking habits were to go out and drink every other day to every two days (a lot of course 5-8 beers several crown cokes) over the course of several years. And I stopped drinking last Monday and felt the effects Thursday.. Is it odd? I usually would skip a day or two or three and be fine? Why all a sudden did it all hit me? Is it possible the body just crossed the line that one week? When I explained to my therapist my symptoms he brought up some serious mental conditions that scared the **** out of me and caused a anxiety attack instantly but everything I'm feeling is due to my excessive drinking as far as I have read. He also was unaware of my heavy drinking till today. I just don't see how withdrawal can happen all a sudden and hasn't in the past? Anyone know why that is or how it happens?