Thread: 6 months sober
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zjw

congrats!! it almost sounds like your just still not comfortable in your own skin yet. Pretty normal for 6 months.

me? i isolated for the first year. See i was pretty convinced my probelm was not alcohol it was a lot of other things but not that. Took a while for me to figure it out my denial was strong. But after posting here it was suggested that i go to AA. I dunno i guess the people talked me into it. so i went. Like you i didnt socialize well didnt have much to say i'm alwasy the quiet one in the corner and kinda like it htat way to be honest. But I went I listened. I've been back a number of times since then shared a couple times but I do not go regularly.

It can help to go tho to break the ice knock down those walls in our mind that we built up for whatever reason.

at about 6 months for me I was kinda tired of still feeling bad and was just gonna try whatever to feel better. i started excercising and fixe dmy diet lost weight and such that also helped me to feel better too.

for what its worth I quit at about the same age you are and I now have 5 years sobriety and its been worth it.