Thread: 6 months sober
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Loekken

Originally Posted by GetMeOut View Post
Hi, and congrats on 6 months! That's no small accomplishment. You mention that you need a stable income and your own place to stay. I can tell you the one thing that would place in jeopardy your chances of acquiring, and keeping, that would be drinking again. May I ask what you are doing to maintain your sobriety? As you must know by now, it's about so much more than just not drinking.
Thanks. Yes, I am certainly aware of what you say about acquiring and keeping what I need there, especially as these are not just physical things so to say, but a helping hand in rebuilding my life again and creating something for my self anew. And so I make sure to stay sober. I am on antabuse, by the way.

As to what I'm doing, well not much. I spend a lot of time alone, really, and don't communicate a lot with people outside the house. I know this is probably unhealthy, but I don't feel like meeting and chatting up a lot of folks, simply. I don't even like being around people. I am terribly lonely at times, but I feel this is simply the way things are at the moment.

And yes, indeed it is more than just about drinking/not drinking... I have had difficult psychological issues since I was a teenager, as I see things. Everything a very long and complicated story, though. I have quit seeing counseling too/ alcohol treatment, etc.. I just don't feel it gives me anything, really.. And so I reach out on this board, for instance... And appreciate any feedback. Maybe I should try AA meetings? But it doesn't appeal to me, and I am a reserved character who wouldn't be able to just open up on personal issues in a group of strangers...