View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Chickenlady06

Oh yes I am celebrating today!! Day 21 was greatly tested today. I began the day with the positive disposition of a Disney Princess, and the world just kept throwing little stress balls at me all day. I cranked the country music and kept rolling! I did kick a copier though, I totally lost my cool and showed that copier who was boss. It did nearly make me cry. 😣 (one teeny tiny slip of paper that I could barely reach, took 30 minutes out of my day)
After that, I reigned in the crazy go nuts, and tackled my to do list as well as my sick co worker's and very nearly felt ahead of the game when I ran screaming to my car after work. 😲
Guess I'm working hard for that vacation time.
I got home and the guys made me paleo pizza zucchini boats for dinner, and picked up some dark chocolate for dessert. Made this a great ending to a crazy day. That's my gratitude moment and my beautiful moment.
21 days feels really great, y'all. I'm also down ten pounds so there's a great side effect. I haven't talked about my weight much because I really want this to be a sobriety journey and not an "oh i quit drinking and magically all the weight came off" deal. I know the weight is going to come off, I'm missing a couple thousand calories from my evening meals a few times each week.
I've also been noticing that I haven't had a binge eating episode since starting again this time around. For example we went to a burger place, where I would have gotten a huge burger, shake, and sweet potato fries, instead I just had a bacon cheese burger, plain iced coffee, and just snagged about four of my buddies fries. I was happy, I didn't feel like I was missing anything and I was satisfied. It was the same feeling that I had last night with those little lime a ritas, that lusty motivation was not there. I really wish I could explain it, but I just don't have that feeling. I'm not eating pints of ben and jerrys to ease the sadness of not drinking (just a scoop at a time) and I'm not feeling as sad as I have before. Just something for me to think about, what's really different this time? I've always had an eating disorder and I've had a drinking problem since high school, so the absence of these feelings makes no sense to me. Now I'm just waiting for them to find their way back to the surface I guess...😏