Old 07-19-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ekohe
Here and now

Originally Posted by FLA View Post
Same boat as you man, 24 years old and the anxiety is unbearable and making my life miserable. Question, what do you do if you don't drink? That's my problem.. Finding things to occupy the times I'm normally out at night. Sitting at home makes my anxiety worse. Good to hear from someone my age on here, hope ya stay on track 👊🏼
That's what I usually thought, which led to me grabbing that first beer and thinking that I would settle for a "light buzz" just to numb. Always ended in blackout. It's funny because for those few hours of no Anxiety, I somehow thought it was worth the intensified few days after, when the hang over brought it back on with a vengeance. I usually cope by living as healthy as I can, (ironic that I drink) but I exercise often, am at a good body weight and basically eat only organic, and realizing that otherwise it is not in my control if it (my anxiety stems from thinking I have heart issues, regardless of all the EKGS, Echocardiograms, and stress tests.) Reading and playing the guitar also seem to calm me at times.