View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SoberComposer

This is very familiar to me. I had nearly 8 months and then mowed then lawn and went out for a burger and movie. I saw the beer and thought that I am feeling strong and if I have a problem then I will quit again. I just had one and everything was okay for awhile. Actually a few days. That first week I ended up getting drunk once. Then as the time went on it got worse and I was back on the managing crusade and hiding my usage from my family. I didn't get as bad as I was before I quit for the first time because I was trying my best to management it but still drank nearly every night and got drunk once a week, sometimes two. This started almost two years ago (when I had that one beer after mowing). Anyway.. now I am starting a new job on Monday and have been trying to quit for the last month. I have only drank twice in the past month, one was a drunk and the other was 2 beers. Look though, we have to quit for good. We have had a very unhealthy relationship with alcohol and we can never drink like someone who hasn't been through what we have. We will also go for the drunken buzz. It is what we want. Get help and support. I am also thinking of going to some meetings and my wife is supportive. Don't let this go on for the next two years. It is avoidable for both of us. We just have to commit.