View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 09:31 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Hey Troopz ~

Welp, I be outta the Mountains Helen Gone outside Aspen. That kewlio Campground was down off an old RR Grade that carried Coal and Lumber through an amazing Tunnel built back in the 1880s. Hard Rock fo sho. Did what LBrain guessed the other Day, and scared some Fish. Did a lil Catch & Release before Sunrise today, and hit the Road. After a 1/2 Day Trek today, I wound up here just shy of 11,000' at the end of the proverbial Road. I'm about 6,000' above the Valley below. ~30' away is this 'Thelma & Louise' drop at the foreground Rock edge, so I showed it MesaDog for him to learn. He's leashed around Camp anyway. We can safely walk for many Miles the other way down a good County Road. More good Fishing up here, too.

See this ancient Volcanic Bluff at Sunset tonight. Just a surreal spot. And, Line-of-Sight to the Cell Tower, and some TV Transmitters left of the right-most Tree.

After her Gal Palz head back to Denver tomorrow. MesaMate will drive up to meet me & MesaDog. He's snorting around, Lovin' Life.

I'm hopelessly behind on this Thread, so I'll read back a bit tomorrow.