View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Expanding

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Here is one article about sitting with painful emotions How to Sit with Painful Emotions | World of Psychology and you can certainly google up many more.
How crazy is it that I just saw this article??? Your advice rings so true it's uncanny sometimes

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post

As far as feeling lonely, wishing I could share a burden, what has just recently come to me is this: I am NOT alone. I ALWAYS have help in carrying the weight. I am part of the Universe, and as such, I am never alone. The companionship and help I used to seek from XAH are available from God, the Higher Power, the Universe, whatever term we use, at any time I choose to ask for them and to see myself as part of the whole, not as something separate. I really hope that doesn't freak you out--I think it likely would have freaked me out, up until very recently! This is a completely new thing for me, and I'm not someone who ever had any kind of belief system in the past. I have no idea where you are with regards to this, but I did want to toss it out there for your consideration.

You've come a long way, expanding. Your name is totally appropriate!
This doesn't freak me out at all and is in fact the basis of my understanding of a higher power! I believe that we are all one, that there is no such thing as being separate. I have fallen out of this train of thought recently. I find that when I do remember everything is connected I experience an incredible amount synchronicity in my life that sometimes has my jaw dropping.

And thank you for the compliment. I purposely picked "Expanding" because that is how my mind felt. It was as if it was confined for years and finally busted out. Everything came rushing in and I started growing to accommodate all the new thoughts and perspectives. It took me about 6 weeks to write my first post after axbf left so I had had lots of time to think about things.

My goodness I must have googled all day for weeks, barely getting any sleep because I just couldn't get enough. My mind was like a sponge that wanted to learn and take in everything it could. When a sponge absorbs it expands lol

I'm a truth seeker and am so glad I reached out on this forum. I would not be where I am today without it