View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
Good morning! Day 45.

Man inthe arena--we are the same age.

So I have a couple things today. Most important, I keep wanting to drink--every night. So far I manage to change the subject, but I'm sick of it.

Your opinion please. Many of you know that I have a group that stayed together after IOP. We meet every Friday and it has mostly been pretty positive. Last week one of us slipped briefly. We were all supportive and I think she's ok. BUT, another member wanted to administer a breathalyzer on the one who slipped before our meeting last night!

I was so angry I went to the movies instead. Am I wrong? Is this way out of bounds?

BTW, the would be traffic officer is the one who is not alcoholic but wants to become a drug and alcohol counsellor.

GRRRRRR. I have loved this group, but it's getting weird.

Advice?
Hi Missy,

I'm sorry you have been battling the AV every night. That has to be very hard. I have a few questions: (you don't have to answer if you don't want)
1. Are you still active in AA?
2. Do you have a sponsor and are you working the steps?
3. If you are working the steps, did you do a thorough step 1?
4. Is there something at home that is triggering you or stressing you out?
5. I can't remember if you have a therapist?
6. Are you experiencing depression or anxiety? If so are you being treated for it?
7. Do you exercise?
8 Are you getting enough sleep?
9. Are you eating regular nutritious meals?
10. Are you limiting your sugar and caffeine? They BOTH cause cravings when you crash down from them.
11. Do you smoke? Nicotine also causes alcohol cravings. There was just a big study that came out about it.
12. Do you drink plenty of water, juice or healthy fluids?
13. Are doing something nice for yourself each day that you like? A hobby?
14. Are you stressed out?
15. Not sure if you are religious, but if so do you pray for God (or your higher power) to take away the obsession, compulsion and cravings on a daily basis.
16. Do you WANT to stop drinking and be sober? (sorry....I had to ask). I got sober the first time for everyone else and stayed sober for over 5 years. I struggled with the desire to drink that entire time because it wasn't MY choice to stop. I was PISSED! THIS time....I want to stop for ME so it's easier.

Those are all the questions I can think of right now. Maybe I can help you get to the bottom of why you are fighting cravings or the desire to drink each night.

As far as the breathaylizer person...what an IDIOT!!! Just ignore him or her. I would talk to your IOP counselor about it though.

Hang in Missy! We got your back! Great job coming and telling on your AV! You are really doing great.

Gotta go to my son's soccer game...I will check back in soon!