View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 10:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
uncaged

I would tell myself to RUN! When I first found out my ex Addict boyfriend was smoking oxy and the lies and insanity began.
Had I known now what an impact it would have on the last 7 years of my life and that he would now still be doing Heroin, which has lead to him living on the streets, I would have never stuck in there chasing him, micro managing him, and doing all the work for him.
I would tell myself to leave the relationship in the beginning and pursue my own dreams rather then live a nightmare. The moment I realized he had stole an item from my daughter for drugs and she was so hurt I should have left and been a strong mother putting our needs before his. She didn't deserve that and the fact my kids had to have an often sad and anxious mom wasn't fair either.
If I had gotten out early and not been on this long roller coaster ride it would have saved me so much sadness, anger, and financial losses. Yah, if I would have known that I would have to see him the way he looks now walking the streets, staying in abandoned places, constantly at the ER for abcessess ect I would have gotten out early before my heart was so invested. I would tell myself to let him go , love myself, and that nothing I could do or be would save him from his addiction.