View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
KarenOskie

Hey 2much, I know from experience how much that hurts. I've had the same thing happen to me at meetings and at AA functions. I am a nice, neat, fairly attractive woman. I don't smell bad, a little older but not dumpy. I am always nice and respectful. I make it a point to let people know that I'm trying really hard but need 'The Hand of AA".
Does anyone else remember when one of the signs on the wall said, "When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help. I want the hand of A.A. to be there.... And for that, I am responsible"?
Bill Wilson must be rolling over in his grave! I am so sad to see this happening to AA.
When I get in a pinch, I have no one to call. I don't want to go down a list getting answering machines when I'm 'jonesing' or feeling really upset.
I'm glad SR is here. I would be all on my own if it wasn't. And I go to AA almost every day!
But, I have found a few people who will at least say hello and acknowledge me. There are a few still out there. I think my focus will be to chum up with them, and try to ignore the rest.
Big hugs to you! I wish we could form our own AA meeting, but it would be a heck of a drive, wouldn't it?