View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
cairn

Hey aw ryry.

I found myself in an isolation tank as well...turns out the AA chip of a big book that has brought innumerable lives back from the brink is online, actual humans are only required to play a role in spots that will become clear, and, if you are in the US or have a calling plan there are not only live telephone party line meetings, but some are even recorded.

I downloaded a warm wonderful set, still hacking at that book trying to edit it to read how i want it to, but whereas i had come to believe i was a goner and an abject failure, my very life is being restored - despite myself!!!

It's all good, you needn't be alone unless you want to, we are legion getting well, in whom the merciless obsession with alcohol is being relieved!

In my new and startled opinion, we can rely absolutely on the direction in that stupid old book, however long it takes us to come to terms with it. I've had a copy for 30 years. Sober for some, my comprehension of the gravity of the alcoholic situation has deepened. To me, there became no other option besides surrender, and, well, I'm still trying to review and renegotiate terms on that....

But barleycorn no longer has the same hold of me and i am learning where to look for the life i never intended to throw away.

Peace!

children. in AA meetings. pfffffffft. lol! Maybe the wimmen will come to your house, they did mine...careful though some won't let go of ya! AA infiltrators....ah it's all good. Our real reliance goes on our own creator, and we gradually, facing some hard truths, painfully come to discover what a hard go we have been making of it all...and the urge to drink gets minimized and replaced with a tremendous sense of wonder and purpose and laughter.

Nope. Needn't be alone, girl.