Old 07-11-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
EBIII
Pope on a Rope

Originally Posted by IvanMike View Post
Pretty much all NA areas have a phoneline. You can get a ride to your first meeting, and there you can find some people with some clean time to give you rides to others.

Honestly, if you can get to the local ones, you can find rides to others as well. I got rides for my first two years to meetings I couldn't walk to and went every day.

I can tell you that there is no magic cure for being dope-sick, but you only have to do it once.

I used painkillers for a good long time myself, the last 8 years were all day every day.

Life is a lot different now.

Give yourself a break. Ask for help, and put in the effort. It's worth it, and so are you.
Thanks my friend.
I'm working on getting to my first meeting either tonight or tomorrow and then I'll take it from there. I just recently moved from NY where my entire family and all my friends are and getting around wouldn't have been an issue to Florida where I'm basically on my own and everything is much farther to get to which is making it a bit more difficult.

I'll figure it out eventually. I'm not giving up and I won't let the small issues become big ones. I'm tired of being on these ******** pills and I have had enough.