View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sunshine1234

I am not far behind you...I have made up my mind to file for divorce from my addict husband. We have two small children together so I can understand how torn you feel at first. But, there is a sense of peace that comes over you when you accept the situation for what it is and realize it's up to you to make the future of your child a healthier and safe one. My husbands mother is a classic enabler! My thought process was the same as yours and I told her about the situation so she could reach out to help him. instead she turned her back to me and just hounded me to see her grandkids. Blew my mind considering she has been aware of his addiction issues for 15 years plus! So I cut off contact with her and I'm moving forward with my life without looking for any reassurance from his side. At this point, I know my decision is the right one for my children and I could give a rats a** what others think. Sounds like you are a strong person and know the right path. I wish you lots of luck and peace for you and your daughter <3