View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
notgonnastoptry

Alcohol (especially right before the hospital) made me drop to my HS weight. I was malnourished and dehydrated (among other things) when I was admitted. I was 120--my HS weight (down from a steady 140 through 150). I couldn't eat, at all. I had zero hunger mechanism and go for a week without food, and then a week with some. The last few weeks, I ate nothing. It wasn't a game, I wasn't worried about weight. Actually, I take that back, I was super worried about it because I could not eat. Nothing could pass my lips (except vodka). It was the first time in my life I didn't desire thinness and I told myself I'd give anything to be struggling to lose a few pounds. This sounds vain and petty, but I looked good and could wear anything. I'm sorta modest and have body images (though, I was never fat) but at this weight, I wear short short dresses and mini-skirts.

Alcohol did make my face chubby, round, and red. The first few days out of the hospital I got my appetite back and I was ordering those 1000 calories coffees from coffee shops without thinking twice (the ones I always avoided during yo-yo dieting). Now I'm up to 123 which is still too thin for my height, but honestly, I don't want to go above 125. I've been eating like a horse and craving sweets. I hate it. I never ate sweets because of all the sugar in the vodka.

So yeah, I have the opposite experience. Weight is not falling off now that I'm sober. It's falling on. Yikes.