Thread: Just a Blah Day
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ariesagain

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
Wife doesn't like it when DS and I go off and do something by ourselves - everything has to bee done all-together, which annoys me. Very few instances of me and DS doing something, unless she's working late or something. Even then I get a bunch of pouting faces because she missed out on something. King-baby syndrome I guess.
Tough sneakers. Figure out what you want to do and then go do it...she's going to be whining anyway, you might as well enjoy some time with your son.

As for listening to her whine about her breakup that wasn't really a breakup of her affair that wasn't really an affair...sweetie, you don't HAVE TO listen to it. You can tell her you've heard enough. You can leave the room. You can put on earphones and listen to music. You have options.

Unless it says "Welcome" on your front side, you don't have to live in constant appeasement of her whims. It's easy for us pleaser type to take the path of least resistance, especially when a child is involved, but here's the thing...your son is learning that in order to have a relationship, he has to put up with everything and anything. He will grow up and do the same, and I know...I learned it all at home, too.

Sending you strength.