View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Good morning folks- anyone else start their sobriety journey on July 5th?

Today is day 4 and I'm feeling pretty good. I've had some drinking thoughts here and here but they have been easy to resist so far. My little guy (22 months) was the throwing up at 4:45 this morning so it looks like my work day is shot (I can't imagine having to deal with that while hungover.) I work from home on Fridays so am lucky that he can stay home with me but this means I will have to work on Sunday to make up for it. Ugh. It has been one cold after another since he started daycare in April.

My AV tried to tell me "well since you won't be able to work much today, why not get some wine and drink all day?" Ha- no thank you. I prefer this clear head, and since I am on a low carb diet these next few weeks, that helps keep me from throwing it all out the window. I am on a mission to lose weight for my bday on the 26th. Would love to have a few weeks sober for that as well. The hard part is going to be staying sober since I am taking a long weekend and going to a resort with my husband and the kids. But I will make a plan for that when the time is closer.

Anyway- just wanted to chime in and wish you all a great day. Just for today, I will not drink. I am so grateful for this sobriety and for the opportunity to share this journey with all of you.