Thread: Hospital Again!
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
fripfrop

It was a binge of 6 days, about 20 units a day, that's why I was in such a state!
The reason I need the GP, is so he will put me on the sick for a few weeks, so the dole won't hassle me, making me go on "schemes..which really are sitting in a room for 8 hours a day 5 days a week, doing jobsearches on the computer (even though I have a computer at home.
To not "comply" with what they tell you to do, the stop all money, and housing benefit.
If you tell them you are not fit for work, the take you off jobseekers, and you lose all money. The only way you can claim money, is to go on the sick, if the doctor won't sign for you to go on the sick, they won't let you apply for benefits from them either.
So you are sort of left in no mans land.
Only the GP can sign you on sick, not the people on this scheme.
And then it's only for 13 weeks, after that it has to go to a thing called Atos, a firm employed by the government, who decides if you are "sick enough.
There have been people with cancer and chronic illnesses certified "fit enough" by Atos.
But even if the GP would sign me on the sick for 13 weeks, it would give me time to get a foothold with stopping drinking, I think.
I have long since given up with the GP for help with the drinking. I just need him to do this, so I can get a start with it.
I've tried lots of times to do it on my own, and despite the best of intentions, I can't.
I'm seeing the seriousness of my situation now though, and prepared to stand up to the GP.
It's just getting harder to pull around from them.