Old 07-07-2016, 02:51 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Tod has two years clean!!!

Hi everyone!

Long time not being here! I wanted to check in today: 7-7-2016 to let everyone know I'm doing good and as of today I have TWO years clean off the opiates! I've had two years clean before! I was injured and put back on the pain meds for a year before I was allowed to have surgery! So here I am again with two years clean! It would be nice to say I'm just going to keep racking the years up, but we all know chit happens! Sigh! So I live my life hour to hour! Day to Day! I enjoy the sweet good moments and make myself scarce when there's bad times!

We still have the three little silkie hens in the house! Molly's hours have been changed. She now sleeps on the other couch in the living room at night and spends her days with Jethro and Maria at a distance! She wants company, but doesn't want to be picked up! LOL Unless it's momma doing the picking up! I'm still a Night Owl! Hope to be changing that soon!

Jethro's barn has started! The dirt has been laid out and the guys will be here today or Monday to frame it in for the concrete pouring! I told Mom Monday while she was here to celebrate Independence Day she better be here when the concrete is poured if she wants her hand prints in it! LOL I'm sure she will be! Mom just brought two mutt puppies home to raise for her own! She's in love with those two little puppies! Little girls!

I'm still doing the slow diet! Still haven't touched a drop of coke a cola since last August! Wait! I took one little sip of Jethro's coke at the restaurant last month! Ironically? It was nasty tasting! And to think I used to LOVE that stuff! Our home used to be loaded with snacks! Not anymore! If it's not here when I get hungry? Then I eat something healthy! I even stopped drinking the lightly sweetened tea I make! I now drink water and milk with a meal!

It takes baby steps with anything I'm trying to stop! Other than the opiates! I did the crash course on those! Cold Turkeyed off them! I was SOOO ready to be done with them! I've C/T'ed many times off them before! So I knew what to expect! I purposely run out early on my script and that way I know I can't get anymore for several weeks. It's a scary day when that 1st detox day arrives, but I know there's better days down the road! I just have to keep those thoughts while I'm going thru the w/d's! That don't last forever! Once I start feeling better I start to forget about them and start enjoying little things again! And then the bigger things!

Jethro doesn't get pain meds anymore! Not since August last year! But he still has several bottles hidden in his barn. I don't step foot in there! I can just think about the pills in there and old feelings and thoughts start swirling! I'm a Recovering Addict! I'm not going to tempt fate!

Those pills have stolen many days from me! I'm 56 now and I have some making up to do for all those lost days! I'm not about to take chances on ruining that forecast ahead of me!

I truly wish everyone the strength and courage to pick a date and start that last day of using your DOC! It's SO worth it!

TOD