Thread: Hospital Again!
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 02:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fripfrop

Hospital Again!

Well, after yet another mega binge I ended up in the hospital again through withdrawals.
This time they had to take me straight to coranary care, because my heart was going mad. Tachycardia I think they called it.
They gave me chlorodiazipam twice. Then sent me home with some beta blockers.
Also with warnings that if I drink again, I'm at big risk of a stroke or heart attack.
The good thing is, they sent an alcohol liason nurse to see me, and I have been referred to a new scheme run by the city. I have begged my doctor for help in the past, and he hasn't been much help.
I will need to go on the sick to go to this place, which again my doctor has not been very helpful with in the past. Even though I explained to him that the meetings at that time that I was going too were in working hours and the dole were making me go on one of their mad "schemes". He said I "just needed to get off my arse and find work.
But while I have this problem around my neck, I don't see how I would be able to hold a job down for more than 5 minutes.
This new scheme offers family therapy, which will try to get me to let go of the guilt I feel about the past.
I pray with the therapy and the big scare I have had, this will work.
Apparently this new scheme combinds components of CBT and AA and one to one and family therapy.
I also need to give up smoking, but the cardiologist says within a week or two, but stopping drinking has to be immediate.