Old 07-05-2016, 09:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Sorry you're stuck in that vortex.

You've heard of the HALT triggers right? (HUNGER-ANGER-LONELY-TIRED ). Starving yourself is likely to have those obsessive urges raging (and 500 cals a day, is a starvation diet. No health professional would ever advocate that.)

Many of us cross addict. Have you considered going to OA (over eaters anon) as well as AA. Thing is, if you have issues around using food to make you feel better and the trying to grab back control with restricting calories to unhealthy levels, that sea-saw is going to leave you on a very wobbly platform. Often as we try to stop drinking our other obsessions kick off all the harder, whether that's food, sex, gambling or whatever.

It is always worth talking honestly to a doctor about these issues and seeing if they have some suggestions as well. It's hard to be honest though, so if you do make an appointment maybe write down what you've been doing as far as food and alcohol and if you're going to struggle, even to say it, you can just get them to read it to open the conversation up.

Please start eating properly on a regular basis to keep those HALT triggers at bay.

PS The urge starts to lift as we WORK the program. Meetings are not The Program. The steps with a sponsor is the program. Daily work on your own on the steps, praying, meditating, etc. That is the program. I sat in meetings for 6 months waiting for the urge to lift before realising that I needed to commit myself to working the program, and almost drove myself completely crazy. If you haven't got a sponsor yet, please get one soon. Let them help you.