View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lizatola

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. No, no downside to working for Edward Jones because he has his own independent office and I would where they assign me. My bf already has his own side business and has lots of experience in HR, business management, supply chain management, etc. He understands how companies work and he understands the economy so much better than I do. I understand people and their concerns because I have empathy. I've had many clients call our office and after talking to me, they tell me that I talk like one of the advisors on staff and that they wouldn't have known that I was only support staff. A lot of that is because I have industry knowledge from my 5 years at Schwab.

Anyway, yes, the series 7 is a grueling test. I hated math but Schwab put us through courses that helped us study for weeks ahead of time. I barely passed. My bf got a 97% on his 3 years ago, lol. He's the smart one, I'm the one who just can memorize. He understands formulas and numbers, while I understand practical information and compliance issues better. Then, you also have to take the Series 63 which is shorter but is state required testing.

My firm currently really needs someone on staff who can work with insurance products and annuities so I've talked to them about sponsoring me to take my Series 6. they aren't ready to do so. For all of these tests, you must be sponsored, you can't just go out and take them on your own. So, either I put pressure on my firm where I'm at or I take a chance at interviewing elsewhere with the promise that I can sit for the exams and that they'll sponsor me.

My bf is a good man but he's highly driven. I'm a bit on the lazy side sometimes when it comes to time management and studying, etc. He'd push me, he'd help me study the concepts I needed help with.

I need to think about it.........!!!