View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
EndGameNYC
EndGame

Originally Posted by madgirl View Post
Im getting close to the four month mark, and it is starting to sink in that I need a group of some kind. I know you are presenting an old term (periodic), but I was hoping that kind of social posturing didnt exist in AA - that kind of thing is one of the reasons I am not social to begin with.
Yeah, I get that.

But if you noticed, and in my experience, the term 'periodic', and all that comes with it, has been marginalized and essentially extinguished from the lexicon of AA and other recovery resources which are abundant in NYC, and probably elsewhere, given that no on here has commented that they've heard or read the term in this context. (This may or may not be the longest sentence I've ever put in print.)

The kind of "posturing" to which you refer doesn't tend to have a very long shelf life in AA, and for those who continue, they become something of a caricature more than an individual human being. As we know, this kind of things happen everywhere. I either just play along to get through the moment, or I avoid such people whenever possible.