Old 07-04-2016, 02:07 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Lonelyhearts2

Timetohealguy- Well, there are statistics and studies showing that men are more likely to become alcoholics- I can't post links, but there is an article on huffington post saying they're "twice as likely" as women to become alcoholics. You can try googling gendered alcoholic studies. For whatever reason, men, (as a gender, obviously not "all men") are just more prone to substance abuse/addiction.. So, that results in a lot of the people posting here being females who have dealt with an alcoholic male partner.. And being drunk can obviously impair someone's judgment so that abuse is more likely to occur.

With that said, I'm sorry you were abused by your ex. Men should not be belittled for crying or showing emotion. I'm glad that you say "ex". Hopefully you have kept away from her as she clearly is toxic. I can tell many people on this forum are compassionate, intelligent people who deserve better than being abused or dealing with the awful ******** that comes with being with an alcoholic.