Thread: Summer Party
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
strategery

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
It's very surprising to me that my triggers are active. The fact that I think I'm doing quite well compared to my past must indicate as much. I (along with my wife, family and friends) were feeling very positive about how much my health and demeanor has improved in the last 12 months. But that does not seem to carry over to this forum.
Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Today is my father's birthday and I'm not really surprised that what he wanted for his birthday was "some help". Meaning a pill. I cut him short and direct, the answer was "no, I don't". To be honest, I felt a little bad about it, but I took into consideration that he has stolen from me on three different occasions, and if he was truly in enough pain to need medication, he'd have it. I found out that he was getting 20 days worth of medication and it was gone it 8-9 days. I tolerate a lot from him as he is getting old, but I had to put my foot down.

Lastly, the alcohol trigger has been strong in the last couple days. I am a lone wolf, I don't like trying to entertain a bunch of acquaintances, but I have been forced to. For years I'd drink it away, I have not and I'm kind of proud of that. I'm not a natural when it comes to entertaining, unless I am drinking.
I am a bit confused. I see several triggers for you in your posts and highlighted them in red. You don't seem to want to identify them as triggers, which I highlighted in orange.

It's okay to have triggers. It's all about how you cope with them, which is what counts and you did good. However, your AV is creeping up on you, which worries many of us here.

I agree with Dee that you should look into AVRT. I think it would really help you.