Thread: Summer Party
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
thomas11

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Then why did you write this? I believe it was because I said I wanted to share.

Is there a problem with acknowledging that there may be some validity in other people's recommendations and suggestions? No

Again...Your doctor can only work according to what you tell her. If you're not honest about your pain, then she will either continue or discontinue your medication, based entirely upon what you tell her. I understand that. It's all up to you, and has very little to do with your Dr.'s expertise. Which is sad because insurance and big pharma has taken over medicine, it wasn't always like that to my knowledge.

Most people here are likely to know much more about addictions and addictive behaviors than you're doctor, with the possible exception that she specializes in addiction medicine. I don't know why it's so difficult for you to accept any of this. I don't believe its difficult for me to accept it. It believe its more difficult for me to follow through on it.

It may be surprising to you that your triggers are active, but I don't know that it is for anyone else reading your comments.
It's very surprising to me that my triggers are active. The fact that I think I'm doing quite well compared to my past must indicate as much. I (along with my wife, family and friends) were feeling very positive about how much my health and demeanor has improved in the last 12 months. But that does not seem to carry over to this forum.