View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ironhorse1 View Post
Yesterday was a win/loose for me. It was supposed to be day 2 without drinking. Day 1 was relatively easy, but I knew yesterday was going to be hard being a day off and a full day planned with friends who would be drinking. The day was going great...until I thought "a couple beers won't hurt". Obviously I didn't stop at 2 beers. So that was the loose.
The win was I had this voice in the back of my head reminding me over and over again about all the stories I've read on here. So rather than have 15 drinks I was a lot more responsible. I'm not saying it was ok to have some beers, but the win for me was that I got to a point in the night where I said to myself, "you screwed up, but you don't have to have that next drink, or the 5 more that will follow that one. Stop now, and hit the reset button."
So, what should be my day 3 is now my day 1 again. And funny enough, I'm excited for another day without booze.
Hi ironhorse - I hope you'll look at that link and the suggestions I gave 2wheelterror too.

I struggle to say this without being a downer but while I'm glad you didn't go overboard please don't let yourself be convinced at a later date that any amount of drinking is ok, or that this means you've learned some measure of control.

Both of those were assumptions I made at various times, in weak moments - and they cost me dearly.

Give no quarter to your enemy - no drinks ever

D