View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

After a couple of decades in AA I've realized the world outside the rooms is often calmer, more sane. There is much less drama and anger. I've often heard how AA is a microcosm of society, but I've not found that to be true. It's a very insular society with its own language and culture and bears very little resemblance to the larger community. It's not surprising it can be difficult to make friends. All I can suggest is get a commitment. Make the coffee, be a greeter, put the books away but don't be too hard on yourself. It takes a lot of time.

Anyway, I walked to the station tonight with a couple of guys that were new in town and new to the meeting.

However, I really didn't want to hangout but just being friendly and walking/chatting for ten minutes helps to get acquainted.

Those two guys, like all guys/gals trying to make friends in a new AA group aren't hip to the weirdness and the fact some members don't like each other.

Because tonights meeting like many AA meetings has it's share of drama and I've prefer to not to hang out after the meeting.