View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
let us know how it goes.

personally my sobriety is more important than a concert, especially if ive seen the band many times before.

and yes, I understand. I was a ted nugent freak in the 80's and cant say how many times ive seen him in concert.
but then I got sober and my perspectives changed.
I took TomSteve's comment as a "go outside the concert area" thing. That, I bet, you can do - if the stimulation or whatever negative, self-pitying ("why can't I party too, d*mmit?!") etc thoughts start.

If your brother is a big support (I assume he knows about your sobriety if he is your best friend?) then stick VERY close to him! Like you would a boyfriend

Enjoy the show- go armed with real water bottles, eat/snack (take that, too, whatever fits in a bag that you would like to carry) - if you can't take stuff in (bags are checked, whatever, like a lot of places do these days) then spring for buying stuff!!

I don't do crowds, never did very often unless with my big Panic fans (some fun NYEs there! I didn't run as much with a Phish crowd) and I definitely don't do "stimulation" sitchs now.

Do you have someone sober you can step out to call, or at least text? My sponsor told me about her first big outing and she and HER sponsor worked out that keeping in touch would be a BIG part of getting her through that event sober.

Good luck - stay strong with your plan.