View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
notgonnastoptry

Originally Posted by phlowing View Post
I Love music and concerts were always my favorite things to plan and go to with friends. and a reason to party. One of my favorite bands is Phish, somewhay known for the decadence at their shows, which I took a great deal of enjoyment in in the 25 or so shows I went to back in theday. However I love the music just as much sober (see screenname ) I'm travelling to NY to see them tomorrow and its my first big show in years. I'll be with my brother (another big fan and my best friend) for the weekend. I'm not nervous about drinking/drugging, just being around so much of it, and getting cravings for getting home. Stoked for the show but a bit nervous.

Any thoughts, advice, etc?
Good luck. I bought tickets for one of my favorite bands (they are playing at a festival, so it's not full blown). Sadly enough, I'd forgotten I'd bought them, to be honest until a reminder popped up. Now I remember, but of course, was drunk when I bought them. Though I don't want to drink and I don't feel the temptation, I really thought I'd be going under different circumstances and that I would b drinking , etc. I guess I'm mourning the loss of what I thought would be. Does that make any sense? Thought I would be buzzed, singing along, eating good food (though, I wasn't eating at the end anymore, so I guess I would have been eating nothing and sipping a fifth from my purse, or "water bottle" and drinking beer in the public eye.