View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
notgonnastoptry

A lot of vomiting in the weeks, even months before. But it was controlled and happened at certain times of the day (morning, etc.). Last day before the hospital, it meant throwing up constantly, even water, severe hydration, malnourishment, tachycardia, and shortened breath. Symptoms could no longer be ignored and I had to ask my not-so-sympathetic husband to take me to the hospital. He was demanding just that at 3 a.m., but I knew it would explode in my face (the relationship). At 7 a.m., I knew we had to go. It was either that or death. My symptoms were so bad, they had to sedate me. They couldn't figure out if it was sepsis or alcohol-related. I tried to lie about it all. I was a secret drinker. Hours later, I was in critical condition, intubated, placed on a ventilator, and had d.t.s, etc. Relatively speaking (and it doesn't matter), I haven't been drinking *that long* (8 years--before that, I drank nothing).

Nearly died. Have 147 pages in paperwork to show for it and some problems that need to be looked at. I was released after 7 days. 3 were in ICU or critical care. I don't know or care if those are the same thing. So, that was my rock bottom.

IOP/rehab is next for me.