View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Smilax

What did rock bottom look like for you?

I realise that having to hit rock bottom in order to change doesn't have to be a truth. We can choose to stop before then. I don't know if it's a choice for me though. That being said what counts as rock bottom is different for everyone. For some it might just be passing out one night and realising things are bad. For others it might be living on the streets. I wish I could say I could stop but that feels like a lie. I haven't hit any rock bottom and I don't drink as much as some. But things have been progressively getting worse and worse :-( I now drink more days than I don't and it was simply weekend binge drinking before. Many days now I wake up and just look forward to getting to the end of the day so that I can drink. Like I said I don't drink like some. A bottle of wine and a tall beer or two most days. Some days more than that. I know I need to make some changes to my life. My drinking comes from extreme dissatisfaction with life. Depression and anxiety. I realise that drinking makes this worse. Anyway like I was saying. For those who have turned things around but had to hit some kind of bottom what was your personal rock bottom?