View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mac6367

Sobriety Plan for July 4th

So, the 4th is my dad's birthday, so I'll be taking him to my uncle's house and we're going to hang out and have a fire. He's also in a perfect spot to see the fireworks. My dad plans on having a couple of drinks. There's no talking him out of it because he's been feeling really good lately. For those who don't know, he's got end stage liver failure. All I can really do is be there to make sure he's safe.

I will be remaining sober, however. I'm going to put a facebook message out there to all my friends that I will be available as a sober driver for anyone who needs a ride home from the bar. I know that if I have some form of a commitment to others it will keep me from having a drink if I experience any temptation. I know it's not a foolproof plan, but it's something I really want to do. My (very small) town has had five deaths in the past month due to drunk driving, and I want to do what I can to help,

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm working most of it, so I should be good and busy.