View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bluelily

trouble sleeping after xabf

It´s been 3 months since my relationship with xabf ended and overall I´m doing much better than I expected. NC has helped me get out of the enmeshment and really open up my eyes regarding his manipulations and abuse (emotional and verbal). I´ve been focusing my Florence-tendencies on helping (abused) animals, which has been much more rewarding than trying to take care of an alcoholic.

The thing is, I notice I´m having trouble sleeping. It´s like I don´t want to fall asleep and look for all sorts of distractions until I´m so tired I can´t avoid it. This happens mostly around 2 AM. Then I get up at 6, take my kids to school and have a short nap before going on with my day (I work from home so it isn´t that hard). As a result, I´m continually tired and don´t have much energy to think about xabf.
I was wondering if this is some sort of reaction to the stress I went through with him? Does anyone recognize this, is it some mild form of ptsd?
I´m really surprised by it, I´ve always enjoyed sleeping and had a hard time whenever I stayed at xabf´s because he would wake me up in the middle of the night for no other reason than to be a complete jerk.