View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
luvmygirls

So overwhelmed right now. I definitely underestimated the level of stress that this move would put on me. Last night, I only saw the negatives about the new house and felt really down, even though I was expecting to feel super excited because it really is very nice. My husband and I disagree about small things, and I feel myself pushing resentment down to avoid arguments. There is so much to be done, and my kids need help with the transition, since this is a major change for them...meanwhile, I just want to escape, which is simply not an option. My husband claims to listen, but he is quite overbearing and I don't think he really does.

I do realize that these are relatively petty concerns, and I feel lucky to have a good job, a family, and the means to afford some help. However, all of those things require a lot of energy and maintenance, especially the family part. Early recovery really tests my patience and I don't have the best support system in place yet. I would pay a lot of money for an empty house, and some good TV right now.