View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
pndm07

Hi Sunshine, I am grappling with a crisis now too so don't know if I have the right answer, but I so understand as I have a young child too, and that makes things so much more complicated. My AH is an alcoholic and has relapsed a second time in a year and we have a little 6 yo boy and I am trying to keep everything together for him while worried about my AH and the future. This happened already 5 years ago, when he had his first alcoholic breakdown, and I got a legal separation then and we are still legally separated but remained close while he was sober and in a program. Part of my hesitation to totally cut the cord now is our child, what it would mean, dealing with visitation (AH has never been a violent or abusive person and is a loving dad when he is sober, but I would never leave my child alone with him, I am too much of a worrier as it is) and all the other issues around this. It is just so painful and I know what you are going through. There is some comfort in knowing one is not alone in this type of predicament.