View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
HopeandFaith1

Originally Posted by MissNewLife View Post
Day one.

It's so not fun at all anymore. It hasn't been for a long, long, long time.

I'm a decent person when I'm sober, I would like to think? I take pride in doing a good job at work. I care about my friends. I think about other people.

But the moment I put some substances into my body? Psychopath. Complete and utter crazy person. And I cannot stop for the life of me. All logic and reasoning goes out the window in favor for another drink. All morals - disposed.

My house and my car are a disaster, I lost all of my bank cards, my room smells like a disgusting brewery, and I'm dreading facing the consequences of my actions today. I was sending crazy text messages to my therapist and friends in the program. It's like "drunk me" tries to sabotage any healthy or sober relationships in my life so I have no chance of getting back on track when all is said and done.

Head down... one foot in front of the other. Try and breathe. One moment at a time. I can do this. I can stay sober today.
Oh bless your heart. I understand. The only way to make sure your drunk me doesn't take over and ruin your life is to not open that door. If you don't pick up that first drink you will never have to worry about any of those things again. And believe me friend I have been there.